Moving can be very exciting, but it can also be very stressful as there are so many things to remember to do!
- Start early; if you don’t already have a moving company in mind, do some research or ask for recommendations. Movers can come in and do an estimate before you commit to their services. Have you considered using PUPS or FrogBox?
With Portable Units, Portable Storage (PUPS) a portable unit for portable storage is delivered to your premise. You load and lock, and then have the option to store you PUPS on your premise or call to be picked up and delivered to your new home.
FrogBox delivers eco-friendly, reusable plastic boxes and other moving supplies. You pack, and they pick up everything from your new home when you're finished. Convenient, Affordable, and Green!
- Arrange to have the gas and electrical meters read on the day you leave and have the bill forwarded to your new address.
- If your water heater/water softener is rented, arrange for the transfer of the rental agreement to the purchaser.
- Disconnect your telephone, and cable TV.
- Make arrangements for the gas, and electrical utilities, water heater/water softener, telephone and cable TV to be connected on the day of possession.
- Have the post office forward your mail to your new address.